Although I'm sure I'm seeing things thru a limited scope, I want to share a few things I've found on Facebook that have expanded my little world:
- Blouin ARTINFO: http://www.facebook.com/ARTINFO?ref=stream - a cultural hub for news and conversations revolving around the world of art and culture.
- ART LOG: http://www.facebook.com/artlog?ref=stream - provides a comprehensive catalog of contemporary art, city and neighborhood guides, expert content, artist spotlights and commentary.
- Adam Lindeman: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Adam-Lindemann/254541957912035?ref=stream critic, collector, curator. His writing can be seen in publications that include the NY Observer http://www.adamlindemann.com/new-york-observer-archive/
- There are a number of art association pages I've come across on FB including but one I find really interesting is the Assoc. of Art Museum Curators - a nice inside look into an org focusedon "creating opportunities for networking, collaboration, professional development, and advancement" .http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Association-of-Art-Museum-Curators/69473566461
- There's a series of pages called" Art & " - Art & Design, Art & Architecture, Art & Sculpture, Art & Fashio, etc. If you visit one, you'll find links to all or most of the other "Art &" pages listed - they're all interlinked:http://www.facebook.com/Mahshar.Design
- One of my FAVORITE online magazines is Time Out. I visit (and post on) Time Out New York almost everyday but I also visit other Time Out pages that focus on Tel Aviv, the UK, Paris, Amsterdam and more. They're easy to find just type in "Time Out" in the FB search and they pop right up or start by visiting: http://www.facebook.com/timeoutnewyork?ref=stream/
5 or 6 years ago, I was opposed to FB - it can be a tremendous waste of time but, in the last few years, I've found myself using it to visit and learn about places and people I will most likely never have an opportunity to see in person. In a world that's as widly diverse and deeply intricate as the art world, there's so much out there, it should be explored. FB has not only given me courage to show my work on a world wide platform but it's turned out to provide me with a great sense of exploration and adventure! I love having the world at my finger tips - I love Facebook.
|Check out more interesting finds by going thru all my "likes" on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BeckatReBar?ref=stream|