Inquiries -

Beck's work available thru Eden Fine Art, NYC.
Call: (212) 888-0177 for info OR contact Beck directly with questions!

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Entry 88: Starting over again, again

So, a few weeks ago I was hot on the idea of becoming a female, bad boy for my 50th birthday.
Haven't bagged the idea yet but I can't quite commit myself to transition from a sad, frustrated, Charlie Brown type to being a young, chain smoking,  haughtily pampered,
soldat de l'ennui.
(To see the complete "I'm gonna be a bad boy from now on" meltdown go to: http://becklaneartist2013.blogspot.com/2013/04/entry-77-im-coming-out_10.html)

But, despite all my big birthday plans,
I'm less this:


and more this:

In totally Giamatti mode - flat broke, a bit war torn, totally exhausted, sodden with frustrated and ready for action....the classic definition of an artist.
 
 


So, here we are, it's spring and I'm trying to put all the crap from 2012 (and early 2013) behind me and start somewhat fresh....or as fresh as I can under the circumstances. I'm starting all over again, again - in a new studio space, with a studio mate (something new for me), a few new plans but the same me. Not any younger or smarter or less gullible or bad boy, 
just older and less timid.


To see pics of the old and new studios visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment